- The customer reference # field is now a visible column on the dashboard. Like other columns, the field can be toggled on and off by selecting Columns in the Shipment's dashboard.
- Shipments now require that you select a Mode upon creation.
- Timeline events ETA Changed , Location Updated , and Truck Received , now require location data.
(FEATURE FLAGGED) You can now
customize BOL documents
for use with shipments using the Shipwell platform. You can customize the following fields:
- Document details
- Company logo
- Stop information
- Hazmat, Emergency contact
- Bill to, contact information
- Use your active BOL
- A confidence score now accompanies My Predicted Price to provide a descriptive assessment of the expected fidelity of the rate prediction.
- Routing guides will not be triggered automatically when users in the web application manually create a shipment and tender to a carrier, request bids, or push to a route guide.
- Duplicate stops : Fixes an issue causing stops to be duplicated when adding order to an existing shipment.
- Default tags : Change default tags so that they are now only applied to new shipments.
- Duplicate location : Fixes an issue where timeline event creation posted duplicate locations.
- Table view : Makes all order and shipments table views more responsive.
- Netsuite : Allows invoices and PODs to be combined on a customer-by-customer basis.
- EDI 204s : Adds support for trading partners to opt-out of geo-coordinates via EDI 204.
- Admin console : Updates the admin console to provide the correct status for connected ELDs.
- LTL with FedEx : Fixes an issue where users were experiencing difficulty booking through FedEx.
Add functionality improvements to
- Dimensions are no longer case sensitive.
- Country of Manufacture can now be spelled out without knowing the abbreviation.
- You can now request Saturday Delivery Rates when creating a Parcel Shipment .
- When a driver using the mobile app enters or leaves a facility, a geofence triggers a stop event to the shipment. The system recorded Arrival and Departure times now assign to the stop.
- You can now save accessorial tables* and reference them within shipments.
- Shipment origin and destination : Fixes an issue when changing the details of an order attached to a shipment, the origin and destination deleted.
- LTL Rates : Removes duplicate LTL rates when searching through carriers.
- Shipment mileage : Fixes an issue where when stops were removed from a shipment, the total miles for the shipment were not updated.
- Carrier notifications : Fixes an issue where stop contacts received a carrier cancellation notification when removing a carrier from a shipment manually. Now, only the carrier contact gets the notification.
- LTL hazmat rates : LTL hazmat rates now display in LTL shipments.
- Carrier ETA dates : Enables the ability for the Carrier ETA to be overridden when pickup dates change on an LTL shipment.
- EDI : Gives the ability to send Multiple phone number formats over EDI.
- ELD lists : Provides a method to receive a list of visible ELD providers on a set basis.
- FedEx connection : Improves the FedEx account editing and cloning experience through auto-populating the connection forms.
- Reference fields can now be included in Shipment Imports , including PO, BOL, PRO #, Pick up #. Also, default tags applied to user profiles are no added to shipments when imported.
- NMFC code fields now allows six numeric characters. NMFC sub code now allows two numeric characters.
- The Shipwell Mobile app now has it's own release notes.
- Shipment Line items on smaller screens : Overlapping field labels no longer appear on smaller screen sizes.
- EnRoute to Stop : The date requirement for delivery no longer applies to LTL, VLTL, and Drayage.
- Cloned Shipments : Shipments made from clones with a Guaranteed accessorial do not break when switching to standard service quote.
- Tracking notifications : Tracking notifications sent through ELD now only send updates to carrier reps, and not unintended third parties.
- The Analytics tab now includes three additional dashboards; Pricing Lane Breakdown, Spot Market Performance, and LTL Instant Rate Performance.
- For orders added to a specific shipment, an Add Order modal appears to improve the workflow.
- Shipments created via the importer now a Quoting status.
- Dimensions for shipments create via the import are now only required for LTL.
- Hostess Tenders Expiring Before Expiration Date in 204 : EDI 204s were expiring for Hostess, but this issue has been resolved and tenders from Hostess are no longer expiring
- LTL Shipments via UPS Set to Older Dates : Certain UPS shipments booked under WWEX were displaying as delivered at the point of booking because of recycled PRO #s. This long standing issue has been resolved. Klingspor Abrasives Not Returning LTL Rates for WARD: An issue preventing Klingspor from viewing LTL rates from WARD has been resolved.
- ELD Admin Console not Showing Most Recent Data Tracking Point : An issue preventing the most recent data received from power units within a given ELD provider has been resolved, and a vastly improved visibility experience is now available
- NetSuite Invoice Errors for Large Documents : An invoice error caused by document attachments that were too large has been resolved, and we now support larger document sizes Shipment Status via ELD not Updating: the status of a shipment was not changing from tendered status previously, but now changes based on ELD data to align with Shipwell’s broader tracking definitions
- TriumphPay Window not Appearing in Carrier Profiles : A bug that was causing the TriumphPay Payment Window in the Shipwell UI to not appear consistently has been resolved.
- Distance Computation s: The formerly, sometimes-unreliable distance calculation, used to show geographic trip lengths as well as to compute prices, has been made more robust.
- Browser Auto-Fill Obscurations : Browser auto-fill suggestions covering the pricing recommendations modal have been rectified in the Load Board Dashboard Summary, Load Board Details, and Load Board Quick Action views.
- Inactive workflows (Routing Guide) running when automatic trigger is on : Removed a condition where an inactive with a enabled automatic trigger would still execute Unable to Save changes to Routing Guides: Addressed an issue with earlier version of routing guides, when executed were unable to be saved to due to a change in required fields
- Broadcast Action would not run without special instructions specified : Applied a fix to allow a broadcast action to execute with no special instructions.
- Removed Stop Status Quick Actions for Draft / Quoting Shipments : Stop statuses actions should not be displayed until shipment is assigned to carrier
- Remove Inapplicable Stop Status Quick Actions for LTL / VLTL : Reduced Stop Status quick actions to only present applicable statuses for LTL shipments
- Bulk imports for shipments via an import link on the Dashboard.
- Pricing Intelligence is now available in-line for supported modes and equipment types when viewing a shipment’s Shipment Details page. As of this release, FTL is the mode supported, and supported equipment types include Dry Van, Reefer, and Flatbed.
- You can now ingest a list of orders into the Shipwell platform through an API endpoint exposed through Informatica. In order to do so, customers need to build a json blob with their list of orders, and push that list to the exposed endpoint.
- Workflows now allows use to view verify and troubleshoot automated activity.
- Defaults tags now remain when creating a shipment through quotes.
- Rate terms populate correctly on all tendered shipments, anytime a Rate Confirmation is generated.
- The ISA ID for EDI 204s is now a configurable field instead of defaulting to Blujay.
- Line item charges are now visible for customers tendering via EDI.
- Validation flexibility increased through TriumphPay.
- Routing guide logic updated to exclude inactive routes
- Pricing Intelligence is now available in-line with existing shipment creation and quote-creation workflows. As one proceeds through the workflow of creating a new shipment or new quote, a new card entitled “Embedded Pricing Intel” is available above the Financials card.
- A bug that prevented users from pushing a PO Box address to Triumph Pay on the front end has been resolved, allowing users to now push PO Box addresses to Triumph Pay.
- Bugs that were preventing invoice creation in Triumph Pay generally, and specifically for ESCO companies, have been resolved.
- A bug that was preventing acceptance of multiple ELD providers updates via csv has been resolved.
- Add support for city, state, or country in the address fields with multiple addresses.
- Routing Guides with a tender that does not include “Special Instructions” will now send the tender and force the whole workflow to “Complete”.
- The Shipwell Carrier Status can now be automatically updated based on daily carrier data updates from the SaferWatch integration.
- NetSuite Integration Page Showing Blank Billing and Invoicing Fields : A bug has been resolved that was showing blank billing and invoicing fields in the NetSuite integration page. These fields are now populating, demonstrating that the fields are mapped.
- [EDI] Inbound 204s Don’t Appear in Search Results : A bug has been addressed that was preventing successful inbound Orderful EDI 204s tenders from appearing in search results. These are now displaying in search results.
- [TriumphPay] Users Unable to Release Factoring Companies : A bug that prevented users from disassociating a factor with a carrier has been resolved. Users can now remove the association of a given factor with a carrier in the Shipwell platform
- SaferWatch Carrier Update : The nightly SaferWatch data sync was not updating all of the Shipwell carrier records with the latest SaferWatch data. This was due to the process timing out and not completing updating all of the carriers. This issue has been resolved and all carriers should be in sync between the Shipwell and SaferWatch systems.
Pricing Intel tool
displays (up to) two categories of data: company data (My Data) and market data (SW Market Composite). Previously, both data streams considered inputted stop addresses in a granular fashion such that only one specific lane could be queried at a time. Now, company data (My Data shown in the graph and table) can include results from larger geographic areas, thus spanning multiple lanes.
The pickup (Stop 1 Address) and dropoff (Stop 2 Address) inputs can now each be supplemented with a radius input (in miles), which optionally expands the area(s) around the stop(s) considered when retrieving a company’s historical data (My Data.
Users that initiate a shipment request are notified via email if the shipment could not be booked.
If a shipment request is sent and the receiver is able to create the shipment but the shipment can not be automatically booked, the following will occur:
- An error message is presented to the user submitting the shipment
- The shipment will be saved with no carrier selected
- The associated shipment request status is set to ‘Unable to Book’
- The person that requested the Shipment Request should receive an email
- Users now have the ability to make edits to their saved dashboards on the order page.
- If an order is added to a shipment and line items of the shipment are changed, the line items on the corresponding order will also be changed.
- The Shipwell Carrier Status can now be automatically updated based on daily carrier data updates from the FMCSA. This daily carrier information includes their Operating Authority Status, Safety Rating, and Safety Rating Date.