Shipwell APIs are organized and designed around REST. We created our APIs to be easy to use, simple to test, and scalable to help our customers and partners get up and running quickly. Our APIs have predictable resource-oriented URLs, accept form-encoded request bodies, returns JSON-encoded responses, and uses standard HTTP response codes, authentication, and verbs. Shipwell's API allows you to quickly connect and automate your entire supply chain.
In order to use Shipwell's API, users must have:
- A Shipwell account.
- Access to the Shipwell Sandbox environment . Contact Support for access.
- Either Postman or a command-line application with cURL.
This guide has been designed to help Shippers get the most out the API as quickly as possible. To familiarize yourself with how the API works:
- Set up your Postman or cURL collections. Download the latest OpenAPI specification using the following links:
- Webhook and Event
- Authenticate to the API .
- Connect to your Sandbox environment .
- Review how Versioning works.
- Create your Create your first shipment .
Use the APIs in test mode in our sandbox environment, which does not affect production (live) data or interact with supply chain partner networks and systems. The user token you use to authenticate requests determines whether the request is in production or in test mode.
Shipwell versions APIs and integrations. Log in to see your version of the API, and manage your test keys. Shipwell provides an easy way for you to set up and provision each key. You can learn more about our API and subscribe to Shipwell's API announcement mailing list for updates.